Thursday 12 February 2015

Hello from fairy hollow

A little bit about me
I am Christine, owner/maker at fairy hollow creations. I am 31 I live with the man of my life and my two doggies. Last year I had a fall I broke a bone in my back. This lead to me being off work for some months, so I started crafting. I started with crochet, then needlefelting, and dabbling in a few other crafts along the way.

What I make
I mainly make needlefelted animals gnomes/Faries/pixies and scenes. All my creations start off in the form on wool roving which I then felt by hand with different size barbed needles, this tangles the fibres together, I then shape them and add details.

Starting my shop
I decided in January to start my own shop on Etsy and facebook. I did this as I had had a lot of requests to make specific items. So after some research on selling venues I decided that Etsy was for me as it promoted handmade items I liked the feel of it and it seems a good fit for me.
I will also be attending some craft fairs although how many depends on my mobility as I still struggle with walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.

So anyways that's me and what I do if you have any questions feel free to contact me links below to my Etsy shop and Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairy-hollow-creations/607012629399975

No comments:

Post a Comment