Friday 23 October 2015

Featured crafter - Pinky knits and crochets

This week I have been chatting to Bea from pinky knits and crochets. She learnt to knit when she was very small she took to knitting like a duck to water. She was taught by her Nan, who also taught her to crochet, but as she only learnt the basic granny square not the stitch names and how to read the patterns, The crochet slipped as knitting took over. Well that was until recently when she saw this wonderful "hippo" she decided she would teach herself the stitches and how to read the patterns properly.
The first hippo was promptly adopted. So she made this lovely grey and pink one also quickly adopted.
As you can see below she rose to the challenge and isn't she gorgeous. 


The sunflower blanket was my first commision piece for a friends baby boy entrusted with such an important task . "I had no pattern but accepted the challenge!" Completely undaunted she sprung into action and produced the delightful blanket below. 
"Afterward suddenly becoming the 'collectible' animal maker I decided I needed to try something smaller and then began the mouse craze!  They've been very popular and I've still got loads of ideas for more!  The little mouse in the pic was my first, so is another favourite!"
And as she says "I will make anything and everything, not  just stuffed animals! and I do love a challenge" ☺️
And I had to add this extra picture as I absolutely love the mice. They are delightful and I can imagine there will be many more to come. So I shall be keeping my eyes peeled Pop over to her Facebook page to see more of the mice taking over. https://www.facebook.com/PinkyKnits

No comments:

Post a Comment