Friday 24 July 2015

Christmas in July

Christmas in July?


Hi there I am going to try actually keeping my blog up to date with what I am making here at fairy hollow HQ.
I have been catching up with my Etsy shop, listing items and starting my Christmas preparations, here is a mini Christmas tree I made the listing link is https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/241606060/mini-felted-3d-christmas-tree?ref=shop_home_active_4
I have even started making some baubles is it too early?

To make your own needle felt Christmas bauble you need:-
Wool roving (colour of your choice I've gone for Green and white)
Felting needle (36,38if you have it) 
A felting Matt or pad helps 

Step 1
Select your roving I used a piece about 25cm long which I spread out 3-5 cm wide

Step 2
 I folded the roving over until I was left with a triangle 
Step3 
Start to poke this with your 36 needle pushing the corners in so you start to get a rough sphere 
Continue to felt until you feel your sphere firm up once it's fairly firm swap to your 38 
Once your ball is really firm select your colour to decorate with I chose white which I rolled into stripes which I added in a swirl
You can do many patterns from dots to snowflakes to bells here are some others I have done 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great and you make it look so easy. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm starting off with something simple I will work my way up to complicated tutorials :)

      Delete