Monday 27 July 2015

Gordon the gnome

Step by step pictures and guide to make your own Gordon the Gnome 
You will need:-
Wool roving2-3g of the colour of choice (I picked green) 
Some roving for the face, and hands (I chose flesh you can use pink or any flesh tone you want I have seen blue gnomes too) 
Some roving for hair and some green and purple for a flower 
36/38/40 needles I started with a 36 
I spread out the green roving I had chosen then I folded over the end to make a triangle 
Then I rolled the roving 


Felt the ends in 
I then started to shape the roving 
I continued until the shape was much firmer and changed to a38 needle 
I then selected the roving that I wanted to use for his face 
And the one for his hair
I then folded the flesh coloured roving into a circle 
And then I loosely felted it to my gnome 
I then swapped to my 40 needle to finish his face

I then selected a small amount of roving for his nose 
I then used a small anount of wool roving in brown for his hair and beard 
After adding these I then made 2 balls of flesh roving to make hands
Then add some green and purple to make a flower







No comments:

Post a Comment